Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Class Assignment

We have a very sweet, kind hearted teacher in the Advanced Esthetics class. Periodically she comes up with exercises where we have to go around the room with everyone saying something nice about the person sitting to their left or writing out goals for your life, which don't even have to involve esthetics.
This past Monday, she asked us to write out 10 things we are grateful for in our lives and a reason why we were grateful. This is what I wrote:
Grateful For...
1. Knowing, without doubt, there is a God, that He is our Heavenly Father and that He loves each of us unconditionally. grateful for this knowledge because it strengthens me through difficult times; because I know I'm loved even when I make mistakes, an because it brings me peace.

2. Eyeglasses, because I'm blind without them.

3. My heated blanket because it keeps me warm and helps me sleep more deeply -it also has helped lower our gas and electric bills because I turn on the furnace A LOT less and stop using the room heater.

4. Adoption/my daughter, because without both, I wouldn't be a mother.

5. My loving family (Mom, my brothers and their wives, nieces and nephews, and lots of lovely cousins...including in-laws) because life would be lonely without all of them.

6. My sewing skill/talent, because it's fun and I can always have a way to earn some extra money.

7. My Bernina and all other sewing supplies -see #6 for why.

8. My health, because it allows me to be capable of doing anything.

9. My amazing friends because they uplift, support, and make me laugh.

10. Last but not least, my husband, because he is the wonderful human being I am complete with.

After we wrote out lists. We went around the room and shared. I felt a fullness of love fill my heart to hear everyone. Vocational school has brought more than just book learning into my life. I am gaining knowledge and friendships that will last a lifetime.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Carolanne Strong wrote this on my FB:
Wahoo! An update! I especially like #2 and #5. I don't think about my glasses much, but if I didn't have them I gurantee that would change. I'm pretty sure that if I had been born before optical technology I would have been picked off by mountain lions.

Nix said...

Beautiful! And thank you for reminding me to be grateful, I need to count my blessings more often. And I hope I'm part of number 5 because you are counted among my many blessings :)

Mr. Wong said...

Nice hunie. I like your list.