Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New Career

 As stated in a previous post, I went to school and became a licensed Master Esthetician. Another title I've heard used is Skin Therapist. I absolutely love being an esthetician. What do I love about it you ask? Well, I love people. I see people going here to there in the rush of life getting/being stressed. It pleases me to know that I now have the skills to help these stressed people take a moment in their lives to take a breath and relax. Clients come in a rush and leave feeling peaceful and happy. It is very rewarding.

I love that as an esthetician I've learned there continues to be further breakthroughs in science to aid in becoming healthier and I can be a part of all that through skin care. I love to learn and there is always something new to learn and understand.

I also love working at Ogden Organix. Their philosophy is to aid everyone achieve overall holistic wellness through various forms of relaxation, body treatments, nutrition, improving self esteem, and the products used inside and out for your body. Ogden Organix offers many wonderful products to aid in achieving a more organic lifestyle. I love it! It is the only holistic wellness center, salon, and spa in the area. Their 5 year plan includes growing into a larger center to cover more holistic needs in the area. I'm excited by this plan and am so happy to be a part of it.

My wonderful employer has set up a way for me to succeed through her advertising and for each referral that receives a service the person who referred them earns a $15 credit towards another service.

I only have one problem, lack of clientele. I am new in an industry that pays by commission only. I need clientele and this is a tough industry to break into. I have spoken with so many potential clients and given out a few hundred cards and flyers. I have done follow-up calls and such. -and now I wait.
This is the most difficult part for me. It's not just the waiting, it's also the lack of income. I have a family that I support and a quickly dwindling savings account. My biggest fear is that I have gone to school and fallen in love with this new career and will have to leave it for another job...very soon.

I believe in the plan Ogden Organix has for a holistic center. I believe in myself, that I am talented and skilled to be a success in this business. I believe a loving Heavenly Father led me to this career and believes in my success. I have to trust in Him and in the general public that this will be a wonderful adventure in my life.

Here is the address, phone number, and list of services at Ogden Organix that I offer:
184 Historic 25th St, Ogden, UT
(801) 589-9254

Waxing from head to toes 
Pedicures 
Basic Manicures
Shellac (nail color lasts 14 days)
Facials -to relax and improves skin
Galvanic Treatment -to firm up face
Chemical Peels-evens skin tone and improves skin quality
Eyelash Extensions
DoTerra Aroma Touch Therapy Treatment
Special Occasion Make-up

We offer the Image skin care product line, including an organic line offered by Image. We also offer many other great organic and vegan products for skin and hair. I am a doTerra essential oils rep and Ogden Organix has allowed me to offer doTerra oils to sell and use in services for aroma therapy purposes. 

I hope you'll come in soon for a relaxing moment. This is the holiday season -we have gift certificates. Please feel welcome in taking some time out for yourself during this busy season to relax and unwind and/or give the gift of relaxation. I look forward to seeing you soon. 



1 comment:

Jason Strong said...

Having had a few of your treatments, I know you do a good job. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared about the money though.