Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend


I am grateful for a Savior and a time to celebrate his life works and the Atonement. Then there are the more secular celebrations with baskets full of candy and hunting for festive colored eggs. We have been struggling financially for several months now but this past month has been the most difficult. I was feeling kind of sorry for myself/us, so I posted a silly status on my facebook page,

"The Easter Bunny has made cut-backs this year. He won't be making it to our house. Maybe next year. *sigh*"

I didn't really give much thought to what kind of response I would get when I posted it. Then throughout the weekend four loving Easter bunnies came by with baskets of gifts and goodies for our daughter. One even came with a very large (laundry size) basket filled with groceries for a holiday dinner. We couldn't afford anything special for our holiday dinner and I had planned something simple like pasta. We were also extended an invitation to an Easter egg hunt.

How touched I am by the kindness of others we have been blessed with. I was brought to weepy tears of gratitude for them and to my Heavenly Father for sending these angels among us. I was quite humbled.

If one of these angels are reading this, Thank You much for renewing my hope and filling my heart with greater love.


2 comments:

Jason Strong said...

You said it well, dear.

Carolanne said...

We had so much fun visiting with you (and we never leave with out you giving us more than we came with). So thank you!