Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day Care

I love my job. I also love having the weekend off. Watching 8 children Monday through Friday is rewarding but it is definitely work. I can appreciate and am in awe of parents who have that many or more kids. They don't get time off. Being a parent is 24/7. I may love the kids but caring for them also causes me to appreciate having only one at the end of the day. I wouldn't mind having one or two more but no more than that. Daycare is enough. It fulfills that desire in me I once had to have 6 kids. I love to watch them physically and mentally grow. They are so amazing. I think being their care provider is a gift. It is amazing to be given the chance to watch them teach each other and discover things on their own and meet each milestone-holding their own bottle, crawling, talking, walking, running, playing and the list goes on.

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

I am the oldest of eight, and have vowed I will never have that many children! I could never pick which one of my siblings I would vote off the island, but our house was a wild, mad, crazy circus. Fun, but crazy.