Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nap time in the daycare

I love nap time. It is usually within an hour after lunch time. The kids are tired from playing outside and sleepy with a full tummy. I have to go in the nap room to remind them that I don't mind if they don't sleep but it is a time to rest so "close your eyes and please be quiet" and after the second reminder they tend to drift off. I use that time to tidy up the kitchen and then read, or nap myself, or use the bathroom interruption free (they tend to take turns knocking to ask why I am taking so long...and it's only been a minute or that's when they all decide it's time to get into something off limits or fight each other). Then I check on the kids about every 20 minutes or so...they are so peaceful and angelic in a state of slumber. Nap time lasts anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Rachel is always up first. I love to snuggle each one for a couple of minutes as they drift into the living room rubbing their sleepy eyes. I love nap time.

No comments: